Works (in chronological order)
• Incidental music for the Evandro Salles Exhibit. "Discurso da Difamação do Poeta" (Speech in defamation of poets), for actor and magnetic tape.
• "Septeto" (Septet), for flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, bassoon, cello, and piano. "Música para Berimbau e fita magnética" (Music for berimbau and magnetic tape).
• "Primeiro Estudo Poético" (First poetic study), for metal percussion and magnetic tape. "Segundo Estudo Poético" (Second poetic study), for drum percussion.
• "Salve o Brasil!" (Long live Brazil!), for three actors and magnetic tape. Music for the plays Peer Gynt, Bar Doce Bar (Bar sweet bar), and Serafim Ponte Grande (Seraphim grosse pointe).
• "Salve o Brasil!" (Long live Brazil!), for magnetic tape and three actors. Music for the plays Will and A Porta (The door).
• Music for the plays Sem Sutiã (Braless) and Bar Doce Bar (Home Sweet Home) - Portugal.
• "Cliché Music," for baritone/narrator, flute, clarinet, cello, piano, percussion, and magnetic tape. Music for the plays C de Canastra (H for ham actor), Ouro Sobre Azul (Gold on blue), Bel-Prazer (As one pleases), and O Pai (The father).
• Concerto in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, for piano, soprano sax, synthesizer, double bass, and drums. Música em 24 Quadros por Segundo (Music at 24 frames a second), for alto sax, piano, synthesizer, double bass, drums, and percussion.
• Music for the animated film Alex, created by Embrafilme’s Animation Group.
• Music for the plays O Reverso da Psicanálise (The other side of psychoanalysis) and Os Visigodos (The Visigoths). "A Ilha de Santa Cruz" (The island of Santa Cruz), for magnetic tape and electronic tape.
• "Tango," for bass trombone. "Estudo para Piano" (Study for piano). "Midistudo," for electronic tape. "A Base" (The foundation), for bass and drums; “Música” (Music), for conductor and dancer. "Bravo!" for concert audience. "Psiu!" (Psst), for bass trombone, piano, double bass, percussion, and electronic tape.
• "O Bolero dos Bichos" (The animal’s bolero), for computer. "Ponto, Linha e Plano" (Point and line to plane), for clarinet and computer. Music for the plays A Macaca (The monkey) and Amor com Amor se Paga (Love is paid in kind).
• Music for the documentary O Fio da Memória (Thread of Memory).
Music and musical direction for the show "Synopsis."
Musical direction for the play As Mil e Uma Noites (A Thousand and One Nights).
• "A Dois" (Two by two), for two percussionists. "Midimambo," for two samplers. "Subtons" (Undertones), for double bass, electric bass, and bass trombone. "Quando Chiquinha Gonzaga tocou com John Coltrane pensando que fosse com Pixinguinha" (When Chiquinha Gonzaga played with John Coltrane thinking it was with Pixinguinha), for tenor sax and piano. "Drummer Drama," for drums and electronic drums. Concerto for Two Tambourines and Brazilian String Orchestra.
Music for the play O Livro dos Cegos (The book of the blind).
• Music and musical direction for Cinco a Dois (Five to two).
Text, music, and musical direction for the children’s play Pianíssimo.
"Bossa Nova," for piano, guitar, double bass, and drums.
Music for the play Turandot, with Tato Taborda.
Music for the plays Tip e Tap (Tip and Tap) and Salamê Minguê (Eeny meeny miny moe).
Music for the documentary video Boca de Lixo (The Scavengers).
• "Romance Policial" (Detective novel), for marimba, piano, synthesizer, alto sax/flute, bass trombone, drums, and double bass. "A Conferência" (The conference), for solo voice. "Cantose," for solo soprano. "Diálogo" (Dialogue), for actress and bass trombone. Music for the documentary videos Meninos da Roça (Boys from the fields) and Os Romeiros de Padre Cícero (The Pilgrims of Father Cícero) and for the institutional videos Voto a Voto (Vote by vote) and Águas (Water). Music for the video Paula.
• Music for the play A Menina e o Vento (The little girl and the wind).
Music for the plays Doidas Folias (Highjinks), Scrooge, and Simplesmente Tonia (Simply Tonia). Music for the Globo TV network programs "Escolinha do professor Raymundo" (Teacher Raymond’s little school) and "Você Decide" (You decide).
Music for Rio-Cine’s campaign "A Natureza da Paisagem" (The nature of landscape).
• Music and libretto for the opera A Orquestra dos Sonhos (The orchestra of dreams), for soprano, two tenors, baritone, flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, French horn, bass trombone, violin, viola, cello, double bass, piano, synthesizer, and two percussionists.
Music for the Globo TV network program "Chico Total." Music and script for the tap-dance show “No Passo do Compasso” (In step). Music for the video Faz Diferença (It makes a difference).
• Music for the Globo TV network program "A Vida ao Vivo" (Life live). Music and text for the play Papagueno. Music for the Globo TV network program "A Comédia da Vida Privada." "Sexteto 1997" (Sextet 1997), for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, French horn, and piano. Music for the play O Diário (The diary), by the Giramundo theater company. Music for the play Noite de Reis (Three kings night).
• Opening music for the public radio network MEC AM. "Frevoada," for piano and chamber orchestra. Music and libretto for the street operetta O Homem que Sabia Português (The man who spoke Portuguese), for two sopranos, baritone, and piano. Music and libretto for the opera A Redenção pelo Sonho (Redemption by dream), for soprano, contralto, two tenors, baritone, violin, cello, flute, clarinet, piano, and percussion.
• Music and text for the play Brincando de Orquestra (Playing orchestra), for four dolls and symphonic orchestra. Music for the Globo TV network program "Zorra Total" (Crazy wild). "Samba em 3 tempos" (Samba in three-quarter time), for alto sax, guitar, piano, double bass, and drums (Tim Rescala Quintet). "À moda antiga" (Old-fashioned), song for tenor, soprano, and piano. Musical direction and arrangements for the play Século do Progresso (Century of progress).
• Music for the play Um Trem Chamado Desejo (A train named desire), for the Grupo Galpão theater company. Music and musical production for the Globo TV network program "Flora Encantada" (Enchanted flora). "Frevoada," version for the Tim Rescala Quintet. "Paisagem Sonora para a Paisagem Carioca" (Musical landscape for Rio’s landscape), for computer. "Choro Convulsivo" (Convulsive choro), for wind quintet.
• Adaptation of "Subtons" (Undertones), for double bass, bassoon, and bass trombone.
Music, text, and direction of the show "Maquinária" (Machinery). Music and libretto for the children’s opera O Cavalinho Azul (The little blue horse), for flute, piano, cello, and 20 actors.
Music for the Globo TV network program "Escolinha do Professor Raymundo" (Teacher Raymundo’s little school).
Musical production and arrangements for the CD Cantos, Contos e Acalantos (Songs, stories, and lullabies), by José Mauro Brant.
• Music, text, and direction, with Arrigo Barnabé and Guto Lacaz, of the opera 22 Antes Depois (22 before after), for soprano, two tenors, baritone, three pianos, violin, cello, clarinet, electric guitar, two percussionists, and five actors. Music and libretto for the operetta À Sombra do Sucesso (In the shadow of success), for soprano, two baritones, and piano. Music for the Globo TV network program "Zorra Total" (Crazy wild).
Music for the CD Desritmificações, performed by the Tim Rescala Quintet:
“Jacksoniana,” “Jogando um Bolão com Perrone na corte de Radamés” (Playing a little ball with Perrone in Radames’ court), “Orangotango” (Orangutan), “Bossa-nova” (version for the quintet), “Frevoada” (version for the quintet), “Concert for tambourine and four instruments,” which is a version of “Concerto for two tambourines and orchestra” written for the quintet.
“Três instantes” (Three moments), for soprano and piano, with texts by Paulo Leminski.
“Verbete” (Dictionary entry), music and text for cello and narrator.
Music and musical direction for the play O pé da árvore de natal (The foot of the Christmas tree), by Karl Valentim, directed by Stella Miranda.
Music, text, and musical direction for the children’s play A turma do Pererê (Pererê’s gang), based on characters created by Brazilian cartoonist Ziraldo.
Music and musical production for the micro-series “Hoje é dia de Maria 1” (Today is Maria’s day - 1), directed by Luiz Fernando Carvalho.
“Na cadência do silêncio” (In the rhythm of silence) – experimental samba-school theme song about the life and works of John Cage, for voice/guitar, baritone, prepared piano, and percussion.
Fanfarrona, for orchestra (commissioned in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the Sala Cecília Meireles concert hall).
Music and musical production for the micro-series “Hoje é dia de Maria 2” (Today is Maria’s day - 2), directed by Luiz Fernando Carvalho.
Music and musical production for the program “Sítio do Picapau Amarelo” (The yellow woodpecker’s farm), directed by Carlos Manga and Ulysses Cruz.
“Quando o espírito de Thelonius Monk se apossou do corpo de Richard Clayderman” (When the spirit of Thelonius Monk possessed Richard Clayderman’s body), for piano.
“Sitio do Picapau Amarelo” (Yellow woodpecker farm). Original music for TV Globo children’s program.
“A Moreninha” (The dark-skinned girl). Adaptation of novel by Joaquim Manoel de Macedo. Original music and text.
“Histórias da unha do dedão do pé do fim do mundo” (Stories of the big toenail from the ends of the earth). Music for animated film by Evandro Salles and Márcia Roth, based on poems by Manoel de Barros.
“Decrescente” (Going down). For flutes and guitar.
“Fuga a sete vozes no labirinto de Escher e Borges” (Seven-voice fugue in the labyrinth of Escher and Borges). Creation and direction of audiovisual performance for Oi Futuro project, Rio de Janeiro.
“Quarteto circular” (Circular quartet). For string quartet.
“Capitu.” Original music for mini-series by Luiz Fernando Carvalho. (Som Livre)
“Sobre dois quadrados” (About two squares). Music for animated film by Evandro Salles and Márcia Roth, based on drawings by El Lissitsky. (http://marciaroth.blogspot.com/2009/02/sobre-dois-quadrados.html)
“Trigonometrio.” For violin, cello, and piano.
“Trio suprematista” (Suprematist trio). For violin, clarinet, and percussion; music for animated film by Evandro Salles and Márcia Roth, based on Kazimir Malevich’s “34 drawings.”
“Se meu pai fosse de pedra” (If my father were made of stone). Music for Maria Camargo’s short documentary about sculptor Sérgio Camargo.
“O sonho do cowboy” (The cowboy’s dream). Music for show created and directed by Maicon Clenk for Beto Carrero World amusement park.
“Afinal, o que querem as mulheres?” (What do women want anyway?). Original music for mini-series by Luiz Fernando Carvalho. (Som Livre)
“Sete vezes” (Seven times). For wind quintet, string quartet, and piano.
“Acqua.” Music for show at Beto Carrero World amusement park.
“Voar” (Flying). For a cappella choir; music for Brígida Baltar’s exhibit “O que é preciso para voar” (What’s needed to fly).
“Blim-Blem-Blom.” Suite for orchestra and narrator, composed for program of same name; written and hosted by Tim Rescala on Rio de Janeiro’s educational radio station, MEC FM.
Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Dodecafunk, for rapper, soprano, sampler, flute and bassoon.
Text and music for the play, “A feira de maravilhas do Barão de Munchausen” (Baron Munchausen's Wonder Fair), for Cia Pequod.
Os devaneios de um entediado Ernesto Nazareth ao tocar num despovoado cinema Odeon (The daydreams of a bored Ernesto Nazareth playing in an empty Odeon cinema) for solo piano.
Mi querido bandoneon (My Dear Bandoneon), song for Soraya Ravenle and Libertango.
"My dear bandoneon", song for Soraya Ravenle and Libertango.
Music and libretto for, O boi e o burro no caminho de Belém (The Ox and the Donkey on the way to Belém), a children's opera in one act based on a text by Maria Clara Machado, commissioned by the Municipal Theater of Rio de Janeiro, (but not yet premiered.)
Music for the soap opera, Velho Chico (Old Chico), by Benedito Rui Barbosa, for TV Globo, directed by Luiz Fernando Carvalho.
Music for the miniseries, Dois Irmãos, (Two Brothers) by Maria Camargo (based on a novel by Milton Hatum) for TV Globo, directed by Luiz Fernando Carvalho.
Music for the play, Lifting, directed by César Augusto.
Music for the feature film, Pluft, directed by Rosane Svartman.
Verbete 2: clarinete for solo clarinet.
Music for the children's musical, Makuru, by José Mauro Brant.
Text for the play, Cadê Tuhu? (Where is Tuhu?), for the Tuhu Brazil project.
Music for, O pequeno príncipe (the Little Prince), by Saint-Exupery, adapted by Rodrigo Toffolo for the Ouro Preto Orchestra.
Music for the children's play, Thomas e as mil e uma invenções (Thomas and the Thousand and One Inventions), by Vanessa Dantas.
A banda de pífaros do Rei Arthur (King Arthur's fife band), for recorder quartet, dedicated to the Quinta Essentia Quartet.
Espelho (Mirror), for two cellos, dedicated to the Duo Santoro.
Music for the Pratodomundo exhibition at the Museu do Amanhã.